CAM’s Women-Only Membership
The Betty Eichenberger Adams Society (BEAS) is CAM’s women-only membership group with the mission to generate, educate, and promote interest in contemporary art in Raleigh and beyond. The BEAS seek to establish and maintain a base of support for CAM, becoming pillars of strength for CAM now, and for future generations.
Betty Eichenberger Adams is an extraordinary example of a visionary who embraced contemporary art wholeheartedly. As an artist, activist, and arts educator, she was one of the first advocates and supporters of CAM Raleigh and a bold arts advocate in North Carolina. The society honors her legacy as an artist, arts educator, and community leader.
- BEAS-only cocktail receptions
- Art tours + studio visits
- Art-related travel to major cities
- Invitations to exclusive member previews + events
- Advance notice of exhibitions and upcoming programs
- Plus reciprocity at 300 museums nationwide
- Members discounts for all ticketed events and programs
- Invitations to exclusive member events, including exhibition preview receptions
- Electronic newsletter subscription with advanced notice of exhibitions, events, and special programs
Sneak Peek at the New BEAS Hub!
Soon, BEAS Members and Future BEAS alike will be able to see all things BEAS-related in one place! Click the button to take a look!
89 Women Artists
Between fall 2016 and fall 2020, 89 women artists have been shown in solo and major group exhibitions at CAM Raleigh.
Flexing / New Realm, an exhibition by Kennedi Carter was funded thanks to the Betty Eichenberger Adams Society.
Kennedi Carter, Kennedi, Medium Format Film, 2020
Image courtesy of the artist.