Visual Communications and Marketing Manager
Mission: CAM Raleigh is the non-collecting contemporary art museum that provides an environment for transformation through educational programs, cultural experiences and bold, non-traditional exhibitions by living artists.
About the Position
The Visual Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- All CAM’s marketing, branding, and communications projects including marketing materials, exhibition materials, website, social media, event support, and other marketing and communications activities
- Assisting with donor/funder marketing fulfillment, as well as provide other marketing and communications support to all museum departments including exhibitions, education, visitor experience, development, and the Board of Directors
Reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. There will be some weekend and evening work. You will be engaged in everything that interfaces with the museum, including writing copy to handling all your own administrative duties. You will be a one-person marketing department with several external resources (designers and photographers – and for special projects – a writer) plus lots of internal helping hands. You will interface with key board of directors members on an as needed basis.
Your day-to-day activities will include managing several projects including writing and engaging with others on social media while working on marketing and communication assignments that support CAM’s mission. On a weekly basis you will update the website – adding and changing information and images. You will develop and maintain annual, monthly and weekly calendars for marketing and communications activities and social media. You will write weekly reports (future activities) and monthly reports (past activities) and have 90-day measured goals with key performance indicators (such as web traffic increases and rates).
- Develop, implement, track and evaluate CAM’s marketing, brand, and communication plans in collaboration with exhibitions, programming, and development teams
- Create and ensure cohesion of the CAM brand including how it relates to CAM’s mission across all communication platforms and materials
- Manage all CAM’s marketing and communications materials including but not limited to exhibitions graphics and materials, fundraising campaigns, press releases, marketing collateral, etc. Assist with writing and editing press releases and other communications including board and special event assignments. Work with external vendors on design and translation of materials into other languages when necessary
- Maintain, manage, and track CAM’s website, social media sites, other online communities/bulletin boards and/or campaigns to gain positive exposure for CAM
- Manage exhibition title walls, photo murals, labels, gallery guides, banners, and signage including estimates, contractors, and installation
- Assist with CAM’s photography and videography on a day-to-day basis and contribute to CAM’s visual and creative library and archive
- Manage all publications, nametags, stationery, and other collateral
- Manage third party suppliers including negotiation of services with designers, webmasters, printers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, or a related field from an accredited institution. Experience required
- Sound understanding of communication, design, and marketing principles
- Ability to develop marketing, branding, and communication strategies and plans
- Excellent oral, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Literacy in a variety of social media (including Instagram, FB, Twitter, etc.)
- Demonstrated outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Highly skilled in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, SquareSpace, Microsoft Office, Acrobat, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, MailChimp, Paperless Post, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and data analyses
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to provide exceptional client service – internally and externally
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
How to Apply
CAM Raleigh is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, three work samples, and three references to email@example.com.