CAM Raleigh’s April First Friday program includes after-hours access to the galleries, a special performance of The New Obsolete by Invisible, a hands-on activity at the creation station, food trucks, and a cash bar.
First Friday admission is $5 and FREE to all members.
About the Performance:
CAM Raleigh is proud to present The New Obsolete a performance art piece by the Greensboro based collective Invisible. Performing with elaborate inventions, obsolete technology and six channels of video, Invisible’s work falls somewhere between installation, performance and music. CAM Raleigh will also feature the debut of a documentary by Jonathan Butler that explores behind-the-scenes of The New Obsolete. The documentary will be available for viewing March 31 through April 6, 2012. Learn more about Invisible HERE.
April 6 First Friday Schedule:
- Cash bar: open 6:00–10:00 p.m.
- Food trucks in the courtyard: 6:00–10:00 p.m.
- Hands-on creation station in the classroom: open 6:30–9:00 p.m.
- The New Obsolete performance by Invisible in the street gallery: 7:30 p.m.
- Museum open until 10:00 p.m.